Did you know?
- Brighton has the third highest house prices in Victoria behind Toorak and East Melbourne
- Median age is 42, 5 years older than Victoria. This is because we tend to live longer, with 3.5% of Goldstein being over 85, while only 2.2% of Victoria.
- In Sandringham the proportion of people over 85 grows to 5.5%.
- Of the 23.7% of the population in secondary school, almost half of them attended a non-Government school (11.6%)
- Almost 40% of Goldstein have attained a bachelors degree or higher, almost double the Australian number, which is only 22%
- Goldstein has about the same proportions as the rest of Victoria for having both parents born overseas and both parents born in Australia
- Goldstein residents are about 5% more likely than the rest of Australia to say that they had no religion
- 6.8% of Goldstein residents identified as Jewish, but in Elsternwick the number rose to 17.8% and almost 36% in Caulfield South
- 54% of Goldstein are either managers or professionals, almost 25% more than the Australian average
- With Goldstein serviced by 2 train lines, we are twice as likely as other Victorians to travel to work by train (11.7% vs 5.8%)
- Goldstein residents are 7.4% more likely to own their house outright than the average Australian
- Glen Huntly has a significant Indian population, with 20% of the suburb being born there
- McKinnon has almost double the state average attending a state secondary school (21.3% vs 11.0%) and also has a significantly higher high-school age population (17.4% vs 11.8%)
- Bentleigh has double the state average that speak Mandarin (6.4%) and Greek (4.2%), and also has a significant Russian speaking population (2.8%)
- Black Rock (58.6%) and Beaumaris (60%) are far more likely than the rest of the state (48.4%) to be married and both have only 25% of the population never married (compared to 35% for the state)
Ways you can participate in our democracy with VOG:
Nominate a Candidate - Help us find and elect an Independent representative who has ours and the nation's interests at heart.
Come and join our Democracy Walks
Buy a t-shirt or tote bag
Sign up to volunteer
Come to our community events
Share this and other blogs with our Goldstein Community
Follow us on social media and help spread the word:
Do you like this page?