The Goldstein Standard – What is it?
The Goldstein Standard describes the way we at Voices of Goldstein engage with the public and do politics.
It expresses the values we hold dear, the way we relate to our fellow citizens and the principles that guide how we arrive at decisions and courses of action.
This Standard will apply equally to our elected representative.
The values we abide by:
The behaviours we each strive to adopt:
- We strive to be our best selves
- We strive to be kind, compassionate and welcoming
- We strive to listen respectfully and learn from others
- We strive to engage constructively
The principles that guide how we decide and act in political life:
- We actively engage with the community to reflect their concerns in decision making.
- We use evidence based, scientific and sociological advice to formulate policy and decide on courses of action.
- We support open, transparent and accountable government.
- We seek to build a fairer society that respects human dignity and the well-being of all its citizens.
Ways you can participate in our democracy with VOG:
Nominate a Candidate - Help us find and elect an Independent representative who has ours and the nation's interests at heart.
Come and join our Democracy Walks
Buy a t-shirt or tote bag
Sign up to volunteer
Come to our community events
Share this and other blogs with our Goldstein Community
Follow us on social media and help spread the word:
Do you like this page?